Christmas is just a couple of days away; but it is never too late to decorate! Check out these creative DIY ornaments that you can use to decorate your tree, holiday centerpieces, or even give as a heartfelt gift to someone special. Click on the images to view the entire tutorial.
There are so many ways to put jingle bells to work during the holiday season! Deck your dining table out in jingle bell decor, attach them to your invitations and favors, or you can even use the bells to make a decorative wreath! Get those creative juices flowing and make those jingle bells rock this holiday season!
This week brings us a festive way to dress up your holiday cocktails and DIY stocking stuffers for the kids.
Are you hosting the family Christmas party this year? Here are five quick tips to help keep your holiday hosting simple and stress-free!
1. PLAN IT OUT: Create a checklist that includes all of your holiday party planning tasks and update it as you complete each item on your list. Staying organized will help save on time and eliminate extra stress.
2. MAKE-AHEAD: Prepare as many dishes as you can in advance so that you can cut down on extra work on the day of the party. For those items that can't be made ahead, take advantage of slow-cookers to save on oven space.
3. SIMPLIFY THE BAR: Opt for a signature cocktail instead of stocking a full bar. Pre-make a holiday punch recipe that can easily be served in a snap. Have some bottles of wine on hand for those guests who are not hard liquor drinkers.
4. SET THE MOOD: Dim the lights, set your iPod on a playlist with songs of the season, and create easy centerpieces by placing ornaments in decorative glass bowls and vases. Tie festive bows around the centerpieces for an added touch.
5. GIVE YOURSELF TIME: Plan to finish setting up about 30-45 minutes prior to the start of the party so that you can give yourself some time to unwind from all of the hustling and bustling. Grab a drink, sit back, and give yourself a pat on the back planning a holiday party that is going to rock!
Personalize your wedding day with one of our brand new logos customized using your color palette! Incorporate the logo into your wedding website, invitations, signage, stickers, and even a Gobo light. The possibilities are endless!
The ordering process is simple. Visit our shop and choose a wedding logo that fits your style. You will then have the opportunity to customize the colors and wording before submitting for processing. Upon your approval of the test proof, you will be emailed the final proof in several file formats suitable for a variety of printing projects for your special day!
Make your style sparkle and shine this holiday season with the addition of a holiday hairpiece! Here are five gorgeous pieces that I stumbled upon during an Etsy browsing session this morning. They include not only some creative options for the ladies, but some lovely pieces for the little ones too!
Each guest brings a batch of their favorite cookie recipe to share at the party and an extra batch to divide up for each guest to take home. Offer light refreshments (don't forget the milk!) for guests to sip on as they indulge in all of the different cookie flavors. Set up a packaging station with holiday tins or cookie boxes for guests to fill with their favorite cookies!
Trim The Tree Gathering
Set out a small tree and ask your guests to bring an ornament to add to the tree. Add to the festivities by having everyone explain why they chose that ornament. You can even make a contest out of it by offering a prize to the guest with the most thoughtful or funny ornament story.
Gift Wrapping Get-Together
Invite your friends over for hot cocoa and a series of holiday movies while you wrap all of your holiday presents together. It is a great way to share creative gift wrapping tips with each other!
Gingerbread House Party
This is a great party idea for the kids. Make it a stress-free event by using pre-made gingerbread houses. Set out the gingerbread houses and bowls filled with a variety of decorations like gum drops, snow caps, and peppermints. Balance out all of the candy with nutritious nibbles like Grinch Fruit Kabobs (click here for the recipe!).
Ugly Sweater Party
These parties can be a lot of fun. Guests come donning the most tacky holiday sweater that they can find. Encourage everyone to get into the spirit by holding a contest for the ugliest sweater with enticing prizes- a bottle of Beaujolais should do the trick!
Planning any event involves a lot of details; stay on top of it all with the Evernote organization app. Evernote features a number of useful tools all in one place for planning your next event. Some of the key features include the ability to create lists of questions to ask at vendor meetings and to check those questions off throughout the meeting. You can also take snapshots, pull inspiration from the internet, attach notes, and share with bridal party members and/or vendors. All of your information can be divided into separate notebooks within the app for further organization. If you have several different devices, Evernote has the capability to sync all of your notes across your devices. Search for the free "Evernote" app in the App Store today to get started!
The Uncommon Event is a nationally recognized event planning resource portal featuring an online bridal/event boutique and lifestyle inspiration blog. Here you will find all things decor, fashion, and event related!